This event is intended to be a multi-club competition between the top WGT clubs. Participation is by invitation only. PM maxwere if you are interested in having your club compete. Please consider that, competition will be between top legend players, so your club will need to have enough top players to complete and active 12 man roster.
Register your club’s team here.
- Play will feature top players in round robin, 2 man skins, practice mode format. The skins format increases pressure, rewards risk taking and encourages participation.
- Competition is effectively a race to see who’s club can accumulate the most skins during the competition.
- Additionally, we’d like to encourage WGT itself to build interclub functionality into the gameplay
- Results from this event will be kept real-time on a Challonge.com website.
- Up to 12 different country clubs compete head-to-head (I will be inviting the first 8 or so, then offering an open invitation)
- Each club should nominate a team captain to point for his/her club. This club owner or team captain must be trustworthy and in good standing with WGT and its community members.
- Each club submits 12 players seeded 1-12
- Players are assigned to one of twelve event pools according to their seed
- Players will be identified by their club prefix (2-3 chars) and their WGT user name ie “(EC) maxwere”
- Challonge account registration is recommended
- Matches may be played in any order (no more than 10 total matches)
- Matches will be setup in skins, practice mode with location and condition prescribed by the match play pool description on challonge.com
- At the conclusion of the 9 hole match, players are asked to crop and upload scorecards to challonge event page.
- Scores are reported according to the number of skins won in the match
- Carried skins at the end of a match are lost
- Deadline: play will terminate on a date specified at the beginning of the event. All unplayed matches will be uncredited.
- Substitutions, should they be necessary, should be requested by the club owner or team captain.
- As part of this pilot, we’ll attempt to develop a method of accumulating the scores every few days in order to keep a master scoreboard.
- Upon successful completion we will be interested in feedback in order to expand the scope to include many more clubs and participants (perhaps multiple leagues)
SIGN UP HERE!!!
This is a new type event for East Coast: Swiss style round robin. The details are subject to adjustment, but the event will play one ranked match per week during the duration of the winter season. Swiss style schedules easier matches with weaker players and harder ones with better players. This format will let us run a full event with the entire club!
These events are now published on eccc.challonge.com!
Prizes (Master – Legend):
- 500 freeroll credits (gold)
- 300 freeroll credits (silver)
- 200 freeroll credits (bronze)
Masters Course Setup:
- ALL LOSER BRACKETS – red tee, Olympic back 9, med wind, tournament greens, even lies.
- 1ST ROUND – Nov 6 -11 – St Andrews Front 9 Red Tees,med wind, fast greens, med pins, even lies
- 2ND ROUND – Nov 6 – 18 – Kiawah Front 9, blue tee, low wind, tournament greens, even lies, hard pins
- SEMIFINALS – Bethpage front 9, championship/black tees, low wind, very fast greens, even lies, easy pins
- Finals – Olympic Front 9, championship/black tees, med wind, tournament greens, even lies
Tour Masters Course Setup:
- LOSERS BRACKET ALL ROUNDS – Olympic back 9 Red Tees, med wind, tournament greens
- 1ST ROUND – Nov 6-11 – St Andrews Front 9, Red Tees, low wind, fast greens, even lies, hard pins
- 2ND ROUND – Nov 6-18 oakmont front 9, white tee, very fast green, med wind, hard pins, even lies
- 3RD ROUND – Nov 13 – 23 BPB back 9, champ/black tees, low wind, very fast greens, easy pins, even lies
- SEMIFINALS – Congressional front 9, med wind, tournament greens, championship/black tees, even lies
- Finals – Olympic Front 9 championship tees, low wind, tournament greens, even lies
Legend > 63 Course Setup:
- LOSERS BRACKET ALL ROUNDS – Olympic back 9 White Tees, med wind, tournament greens
- 1ST ROUND – Nov 6-11 – Saint Andrews Front 9, med winds, red tees, tournament greens, even lies
- 2ND ROUND – Nov 6-18 Kiawah Front 9, high wind, fast greens, white tee, even lies
- SEMIFINALS – RSG Front 9, low wind, tournament greens, blue tee, even lies
- Finals – Olympic Front 9, white tee, high wind, very fast greens, even lies
Tour Legend/Legend <63 Setup:
- LOSERS BRACKET ALL ROUNDS – Olympic back 9 White Tees, med wind, tournament greens
- 1ST ROUND – Nov 6-11 – Congressional Front 9, Gold Tee, Fast Greens, Med wind, hard pin
- 2ND ROUND – Nov 6-18 – Kiawah Back 9, white tee, high winds, tournament greens, even lies
- SEMIFINALS – Oakmont front 9, blue tee, very fast greens, hard pins, med wind, even lies
- Finals – Olympic Front 9, Blue tee, tournament greens, low wind, even lies
Please observe the match conditions and post scorecards when you are done! Good luck!
The singles event is now open. The image below will update automatically Match locations are as follows:
- Round 1 – Olympic
- Round 2 – Oakmont
- Round 3 – Congressional
- Semifinal – Best of Famous
- Final – Best of Hardest
The 2 qualifiers will play from Friday, Oct 26 – Nov 2. I will ignore members who play the qualifier, but have not signed up. If you want to be included, please sign up in the links below:
The plan is to start club match play on or before Tuesday, November 6. The first round will expected to be played by the following Sunday. In order to keep the tournament moving, I plan to stick to a fairly aggressive schedule:
- Round 1: Tues 11/6 – Sun 11/11 (review and make decisions on defaults Mon 12)
- Round 2: Tues 11/13 – Sun 11/18 (review and make decisions on defaults Mon 19)
- Round 3: Tues 11/20 – Sun 11/25 (review and make decisions on defaults Mon 26… I will be more lax in this round and subsequent rounds due to holiday schedules)
I will be defaulting players by the following Tuesday if this is not complete. We’ll repeat the schedule for subsequent rounds, but I plan to be a little more heavy handed early on so as to not discourage those members who are actively competing in the event. Remember, if your match is available, you can always play them early! Match conditions and specifications will be listed in the event description on the challonge page when the event gets posted.
Recommended Protocol for Setting Up a Match
As soon as the brackets are released on Challonge.com I will send out a broadcast email to all participants in the bracket. Please make contact with your opponent and use open communication (wall posts) so that I can see the dialog, in case a legitimate exception needs to be made. My recommendation is to work a match in on the evening or schedule for Saturday. Please be a good member and show up for your scheduled time. If you are unable to participate, please let me know for the benefit of others. This is greatly appreciated. Rude behavior, inappropriate drops and failure to communicate could result in a warning or even membership ban. Please be considerate. Use the skype room to set up matches.
Dropping and Resuming a Match
Due to the time constraints of 18 hole matches, it may be necessary to drop and resume the match. This is a perfectly acceptable plan provided that members follow a few guidelines:
- Only drop a match prior to tee shots (dropping in the middle of a hole sound be considered a concede)
- Capture your scorecard before dropping
- Post scorecards from all match sessions in the challonge bracket
- When resuming a match make sure that you observe prior conditions
- When resuming make sure you pick up on the hole you left off, it is possible to concede holes in an alternate fashion to get the game square with the prior session.
- If necessary, you can to play in combination of stroke play matches, tally the match score manually and post the scorecards.
Guidelines of Good Play
- 90 second shot clock is preferred for this event, please make an effort to play faster on shots that do not require much time (drives)
- Be cordial and complementary
- Use the skype room to set up matches
- If you need to forfeit, please use the forfeit function (if last hole simply concede the hole). Do not drop off, this is very rude.
- Post a scorecard when you are done (click for instructions)
- Observe stated match location, when setting up a match
Sign up for this match here.
Their club has not specified particular number of players per tier. We will just go with what we have until further notice.
This event uses starter clubs and balls only. The event has moved to knockout play! Please make every effort to schedule and finish your match asap.
This event will be based loosely on pool and knockout play found in team Olympic team sports. There will consist 4 pools (8 if necessary) of players. Each pool will play a swiss round robin consisting of 3 hole matches at random holes on the Olympic Course. 3 points are awarded for a win and 1 for a tie. The 4 top performers in each pool at the end of the round robin phase will advance to the knockout bracket of 16 and be ranked according to their score. The bracket will resolve to 3 medalists, featuring a broze match. 3 medalists will receive prizes.